Monday, May 11, 2009

Disneyland Part 1

During our post-graduation trip we left AZ and headed to CA where we met some friends from our early college days. And Disneyland was where we hung out for 3 days! It was my first trip to Disneyland and I had a fantastic time. Hopefully it won't be my last trip there.
Ella was amazing during the trip! She took naps in her stroller, waved at random people while we walked around, and didn't get scared on any of the rides she was allowed on. She even put up with her sunhat!
Here's the group we went with. All four guys were roommates during their undergraduate days at BYU and we like to get together for reunion trips every couple of years. We had three baby girls with us--the oldest was about 18 months and Ella was the youngest at 9 1/2 months.
The first day we had lunch at the Blue Bayou. I was shocked at how dark it is in that restaurant; I never felt like my eyes fully adjusted. I guess normally the Pirates of the Caribbean ride passes through the restaurant but it was closed for repairs, so we missed that effect. But it was still a great experience. I had been told that they have a fantastic sandwich called the Monte Cristo. I was intrigued by its strange description so I had to try it. And I am very glad I did! It was delicious!
Yep, it was my birthday the first day we were there, too. Loved the Mickey Mouse shaped sprinkles.
I have some more to say about our trip and plenty of pictures (including princess pictures of all the babies) but that will have to wait a day or two. For now here's my first picture with a real celebrity. He was very gracious.

8 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

At this time last year we were also at Disneyland celebrating Drew's graduation with an 11 month old Isabelle. Isn't it SO MUCH FUN?! It made us decide to take a trip to Florida and Disney World next summer when Drew graduates with his Masters. We are both so excited to take two little girls with us next time. Looks like you guys had a blast! So jealous that you got to eat at the Blue Bayou. I have always wanted to eat there!

russia boy said...

SO MUCH FUN! I can't believe it's over and now we have to wait another 2 years to go again...

Unknown said...

Yes! So glad you had the Monte Cristo...so glad you were there! And I'm actually jealous..you probably got to enjoy yourself over 3 days vs. kill yourself over a 24 hr. whirlwind trip like we do :)

Laura said...

I am so glad that you guys were able to take a trip, even with your little one. It looks like you guys are having just a blast.

Sarah said...

BIRTHDAY???!!! Well, happy very belated birthday! I wish I would have known!!
I love the pic with Ella in the hat, such a funny expression!
Where did you get that hat (not Ella's yours :) I've been in the market for one for the summer!

Ryan said...

Yes! The Blue Bayou Monte Cristo sandwich. The Queen-Mother of man's edible accomplishments. A ham & cheese sandwich, wrapped in a doughnut, covered in egg, then deep-fried like french-toast. Then you dip that glorious monstrosity in grape jelly. Awesome.

Kimmel Tippets said...

It's so fun that you guys got to go to Disneyland to celebrate Graduation! There's no better way in my book! We were there in March so it really made me miss it. Isn't the Monte Cristo the best sandwich ever? I actually have been craving it so I found the recipe online...so good!

Stargirl said...

*sigh*
I wish we were there!

...well, not at DISNEYLAND, but hanging out with all you guys. I miss you all! And I want to meet the little ones! Next reunion we've got to go during spring break or during the summer. !!!

Also: Thanks for the postcard! That week at school I was drawing Mickey Mouse ears on all the fractions in Math "so they'd be less scary."