Sunday, November 1, 2009

E's First Haircut

Some people call me rash, but I prefer spontaneous. I up and decided to cut Ella's hair on Friday. I've been thinking about it for a long time because her hair was getting longer in back and was pretty uneven. It's also pretty straight and fine so I figured a little cut would help it look a bit fuller. So Friday I just decided to go with it. I recruited Blair to help distract Ella with a book and an apple (though I was prepared to resort to a popsicle), got her hair nice and wet, then went to town with the scissors.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Result
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The difference is fairly subtle but I think it pretty cute and it should grow in nicely now, too.

By the way, if anyone ever says it's easy to give a toddler a haircut, they're either trying to trick you or impress you. And they're lying through their teeth. I'm lucky that it's pretty even at the bottom.

4 comments:

russia boy said...

So cute and nicely done! Try doing velcroe hair everyday on a toddler! :)

Annette Larsen said...

So true! Cutting toddlers hair is quite an event. With lots of head twisting and them wanting to see what you are doing. Looks good! I need to trim my girls hair again.

Sarah said...

Great job, it looks super cute and so much like a little girl!!! :-)

Shelly Beth said...

It looks adorable! Great job! And props for doing it. I chickened out and had my mom cut Isabelle's hair. She has only had 1 haircut. I think another one is around the corner.