Friday, February 20, 2009

Three Years

Blair and I celebrated our three year anniversary last Tuesday! Time has flown by yet we feel like we've been married much longer than just three years. Maybe it's because we've really known each other for almost eight years. To celebrate we went to the Draper temple open house in the morning and then went out for a casual dinner that night. Blair happened to look at the time when we were in the sealing room at the temple open house and it was 10:20--which was also our sealing time on our wedding day. It was a neat coincidence and a really poignant moment as we stood together holding our little girl and looking into the mirrors that go on for eternity. I don't think we could have planned that. 

For dinner we went to Springville and ate at Art City Trolley. The atmosphere was fun and funky and the food was delicious. Ella was a jewel. Blair and I decided to not exchange gifts but Ella decided to celebrate our three years by giving us three diaper blow-outs in one day. One was at the temple open house, another on the way home, and a third in the afternoon right after I had put her messy clothes in the washer. Impeccable timing!

What else is there to say about our anniversary? Not too much. We love each other more now than we did three years ago and I look forward to an eternity together. 

7 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats! You all make a cute family.

tracyp said...

Congrats also, I love the temple "coincience"... it seems perfect for you two! It was so nice of Ella to help celebrate by letting you change her outfit so many times!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember your gorgeous red coat, your pretty bouquet with the winter berries in it, freezing my bippy during the pictures after,running around and fixing up the food for the reception and having a wonderful time with the Prom Moms. It was a delight.And now you have your darling girl. Congratulations.

Stargirl said...

Wow! Congrats! I can't believe it's been three years. Dang.

Also, it not-so-coincidentally marks the three-year anniversary of the last time James and I were in Utah!

Danika said...

Ahhh this brings back memories! Brent skipped your luncheon to come visit me in Boston. If he hadn't already asked for the time off for your wedding, who knows when and if we would have been able to see each other again? Happy Anniversary! I can't wait to see you all!!!

Julie said...

I hope you don't mind my blog stalking. I just wanted to wish you a happy anniversary. I can still remember the day your announcement arrived in the mail. Rod and I both shouted for joy! We knew you two were perfect for each other all along!
Love, Sister Rivers
our blogspot is: theriversrunthroughit.blogspot.com

Emily said...

That Ella is so thoughtful!