Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Mommy Do

Those who have known me for a while probably know that I've had some version of the same boring layered haircut for years and years. Yes, I tried something a little shorter on my mission (only because the hair dresser messed up) and I've had varying lengths from shoulder length to halfway down my back--but let's face it, it was always the same haircut. Then a few weeks ago Ella discovered my hair. She decided it was her new favorite toy. It was so interesting to tangle in her fingers and she loved to shove fistfuls in her mouth. My head couldn't take the yanking so I decided it was finally time for a real change. I took the plunge and here's what happened! 
Side view
"Give mommy kisses!"
It's much harder for Ella to find my hair now. Change is good. 

12 comments:

Danika said...

I hope you're not having salon remorse because I LOVE IT!!! Did your head feel lighter when they finally chopped it all off. I know that sounds weird, but when I've gotten major haircuts I sincerely feel like I've lost head weight.

russia boy said...

Oh my heck I LOVE IT!!!! You have such fantastic hair, it would look good in a mohawk, but this cut is fantastic! Way to take the plunge!

Unknown said...

Wow! I love it...way to go! I do sort of feel a sense of eeriness that I have longer hair than you for probably the first time in our lives. Change is good!

Liz and Grant said...

I love it! I wanted to make my way over to you at church to tell you how cute your new hair is, but I got sidetracked trying to herd grant ( he's very easily distracted). You have awesome hair, no matter what you do, but this cut is especialy cute!

tracyp said...

LOVE IT! I really like the angle to the back, you look really happy with it, I hope you are! You look fabulous!

Emily said...

Love it! I'm jealous of the volume your hair has...

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

LOVE it!

McKenzie Hansen Mortensen said...

I love love LOVE your hair Aunt Kate! It is so cute! Miss you!

The Morgans said...

Darling! It's a very flattering style. Can't wait to see it in person--Yay!

Laura said...

What an adorable hair cut. I really like it!

Meredith said...

I love love love it!! I would kill for your thick hair!

Stargirl said...

It changed?