Monday, July 14, 2008

Look what we grew!


Kate joked that this is a picture of her baby next to my baby, but that's not true--they are both my babies. :) Next to Ella is the first vegetable to come out of our garden. Picked yesterday, the day Ella came home from the hospital, this cucumber tasted great with tomatoes, sour cream, and dill in a Russian-style salad. Ella tastes great too, but not with sour cream--she's best all by herself.

Three more cucumbers are about ready to be picked. I think we will be drowning in cucumbers soon, so if anyone would like one, let us know. Who knew that one cucumber plant could be so prolific?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ok,I promise I won't keep saying this-but she's so big! I think mine are abot the size of your other baby. Congrats on both of your arrivals!

Robnz Fam said...

I can't tell who that precious Ella looks like?? Help me out here! She sure is a beauty! I LOVE all that hair!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

I really do congratulate you on your cucumbers. I know how hard it is to grow food and how exciting it is to have good results. But, please, could we get an update on Ella? We can see that she is gorgeous but would love to know how she is feeding and sleeping and how her Mommy is feeling!

Shelly Beth said...

Congratulations! She is so precious and her name is beautiful! I also LOVE your nursery. I will be seeing you soon, since I am bringing by food tomorrow, so I can't wait to see the little one. Hope you are all doing well!