Monday, July 21, 2008

Ella

I'm the first to admit that my life has been all about Ella lately. And catching sleep whenever I can. Recovery has gone amazingly well and I'm feeling pretty good (except for the sleep deprivation). I even made the bed and did some laundry today! Ella is growing so fast and is already visibly chubbier than when she was born. She nurses well (I think we both finally got the hang of it) and actually indulges us with a 3 hour stretch of sleep here and there. She usually only cries when there's an identifiable reason for it and she likes to look around with wide eyes between naps. So sometimes she doesn't sleep as long as I wish she would but that's my only current complaint. Blair and I are completely in love with her. Here are some pictures for the curious:

Ella with Daddy
Holding Daddy's Finger
Happy Mom
Nine Days Old
What'chya Doin'?


6 comments:

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

I check every day for an update. Yeah! She is so beautiful. I love the pic of ear with eyes closed resting her head on her hands. Fabulous. Glad to hear you are all doing so well. Way to go. Love you!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

That was supposed to say her, not ear!

Emily said...

She is absolutely precious. Congratulations! Can't wait to see her in person. :)

Jacob, Andrea, and Morgan said...

She is so cute! They are so much fun and yes I agree the sleep deprivation is the hardest thing to get used to.

Kinzie Sue said...

What a beautiful little Ella!! You guys did good :) We miss you guys and wish we could be there to nibble Ella's little toes. Best of luck with everything.

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Simply darling. I'm even more baby hungry now! Wish I could see you being the amazing mother that I know you are.