Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Move

After I finished my oral coursework exam I had one afternoon to rest before starting the packing process. Then this past Tuesday morning we said goodbye to our old apartment and got in our truck for a long drive.

This is our basement apartment in Provo--I eventually got used to the weird floor plan and low ceilings.
This is Ella's first nursery; it opened into our bedroom. But she has her own room now!
Our massive moving truck. We got the big one because it was cheaper than the smaller one. By a couple hundred dollars. Weird. The thing was only filled halfway.
Here's my manly truck driver. He tamed the beast and even managed to back it up successfully a couple of times.
We towed our car so Ella sat between us during the drive. Thank goodness there were no airbags and no policies against child passengers.
The trip was exhausting. Ella took some good naps but it was a trick keeping her entertained. She kept trying to get Blair's attention while he was driving. Very cute but not so safe! In the end, the drive that usually takes 10 hours ended up lasting 13 for us. That's really not so bad considering we could only make it up to 35 or 40 mph when climbing hills/mountains and the beast maxed out at 65 mph on flat ground. Oh, didn't I mention where we went? If you read this far you'll get the answer: Gilbert, AZ. Yep, Arizona in July. We must be crazy.

6 comments:

Kinzie Sue said...

Is that where you guys are going to live, or just visiting?! Great pictures to capture your trip- I need a camera!! Glad everything went well- best of luck in your new place!

Jessica Nelson said...

Best Wishes with your move!!! Gilbert is Beautiful! I have an Aunt and Uncle there - The Ward's - If you run into them - I promise they'll be nice! =)

russia boy said...

You guys are crazy! AZ in July... I hope everything went well and that Blair's back is feeling better!

Liz and Grant said...

Good luck in Arizona! I bet it won't be too much hotter than Utah, just plan on finding a pool real fast ;)

Sarah said...

I'm glad you guys made it there safely. 13 hours isn't so bad, Ella must have been really good!

Ryan said...

I'm going to miss your basement apartment and the way anyone over 5'10" had to duck the entire time they were in your home. And I loved Ella's closet nursery. That place had character.