Friday, January 2, 2009

Holiday Highlights

Blair, Ella, and I went to Boise for the holidays. Here are a few highlights.

We had an unconventional Christmas Eve dinner with my whole family. Instead of the traditional turkey or ham with potatoes etc., we had food that represented the type of food eaten in Bethlehem when Christ was born; bread, cheese, crackers, nuts, dried fruit, hummus, and beans were included in the spread. Sure, Mary and Joseph probably didn't ever taste Wensleydale with cranberries, smoked gouda, or cheddar cheese, but we sure enjoyed it!
Jacob Phillip Redd's first Christmas. I witnessed his birth three weeks ago and really enjoyed holding him during this trip. There is nothing like a cuddly, sleepy, hungry newborn!

Ella's first taste of wrapping paper. 
Ella's first solid food! Santa brought her rice cereal...but he forgot the bib. So yes, Ella is wearing a dish towel. She figured out the spoon quickly and really enjoyed it! 

Ella's first tooth. If you look close you can see it in this next picture. Just ask me if I'm happy about this...
We spent New Year's Eve with my brother, Kimball and his wife, Christine. Christine made some delicious snacks and treats and we played some games and welcomed the new year in a relatively quiet way. We had fun and Ella slept right through it all. 

We wish you all a happy new year!

2 comments:

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

I LOVE the Christmas Eve dinner idea. I'm gonna have to look into that. Very cool.

Hey, is Ella sitting in a bimbo seat. Those things are soooo cool, huh?

Ella is getting cuter and cuter!! Happy New Year!

russia boy said...

Such cute pics! I love the Christmas Eve dinner idea. That is an amazing tradition that leads your mind to the Savior. Happy new Year!