Friday, October 31, 2008

What Was I Thinking?


I have never been good at coming up with Halloween costumes. Really. I thought I was really clever one year when I went as a magnet--but no one quite got it. Then there was the year I went as the nerdy business man. Bad idea. So I don't know what made me think I could come up with a decent costume for Ella this year. But I was determined to make something--well, not just something. I wanted her to be a flower and I was going to be a butterfly and Blair was going to be a butterfly catcher. So I set out to make her into a flower. And it worked! I actually made a recognizable Halloween costume that was pretty cute. And it only took six hours. Six hours?! What was I thinking? No wonder people just pay for ready made costumes. I take comfort in the fact that Ella won the baby costume contest at our ward party. 
I also made some tasty treats for the party. Yum.
Happy Halloween!



5 comments:

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

Adorable! And it was worth every minute of the 6 hours. You did something special and memorable.

Annette Larsen said...

So cute! She is the perfect little flower!

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

I LOVE it! I really like the family costume theme, too. Ella looks so cute!

Shelly Beth said...

So cute! Thanks for posting the pic of everyone in the ward. How fun to look at everyone and all the babies and see how they have grown. When is Larisa due and what is she having?

The Wanbergs said...

Anne Geddes forget about it! That is an AWESOME costume! You are so talented!