Sunday, September 28, 2008

Not a Newborn Anymore

I admit it. I've been in denial for the past several weeks. I didn't want to acknowledge that Ella is growing so fast but I can't deny it anymore. She is no longer a newborn. I guess we're supposed to want to see our babies grow and learn and reach their milestones--and I do get excited when she does something new. But with each milestone and each tiny piece of clothing that gets stored away, I feel a little sad that I couldn't have my newborn for just a little longer. Today was the last time she will be able to wear her first Sunday dress because I could barely button it this morning. So before it goes into a box to await another little girl, I decided to pull out my camera and snap some pictures. 

So off it went. I'll wash it and fold it and put it into a box then move on to celebrate her progress. And in a few years when the dress comes out again, I'm sure I'll marvel to think that Ella was ever that small. 

4 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

She is so darling and those outfits are so cute. I already marvel that Isabelle was ever so tiny. They do grow so fast! What kind of camera do you have?

Katrina said...

Thanks. it's a Canon Digital Rebel XT 8 GB. It can be fully automatic or fully manual. Since the 10 GB model came out the 8GB model really decreased in price. Are you looking to buy or just curious?

Anonymous said...

What a pretty girl. She is so cute. I love her dress

The Morgans said...

She's already getting bigger! Darn it! I know exactly how you feel..Your doing so well in your photography! Of course, the beautiful subject is important, too!