Saturday, July 24, 2010

First. Pick. Dada.

Today Ella and I were driving in the car and I told her we were going to pick up daddy and then take dinner to some friends who just had a baby. Two minutes later I heard her pipe up from the back seat:

"First. Pick. Dada.
Then. Go. Pool.
Okay?!"

Apparently she didn't think our friends needed dinner.

Photobucket

I've been MIA for the last couple of months while I made one last push to finish my master's thesis. A couple of weeks ago I presented and defended my thesis--and I passed! Unfortunately, I missed the deadline for August graduation by one week, so the degree will officially post to my transcript in December. But, for all intents and purposes, I have finally earned my Master's degree in Nutritional Science!

In the meantime, here are some things that happened around here and a list of posts to come:

Blair's Birthday
Florida Wildlife
Ella's Birthday at Home
Fourth of July
Family Birthday BBQ

4 comments:

Jenn and Greg said...

Pretty smart kid you've got there! And of course sooo cute too! I can't believe the difference a few short months have made. She has turned into a little girl! Love you guys!

russia boy said...

Congrats on the Masters!!! We are so proud of you! Ella is adorable!

Justin and Toshi said...

I am so glad you are finally home...we have missed you and Ella! We too are ready for some pool days!

Motivated Mama said...

That's so awesome--both Ella's brilliance AND yours! You've both hit some milestones!!!
So happy for you being done, and glad to know why you've been MIA....
Miss you!