Sunday, October 18, 2009

Camping for Fall Break

Ella eating breakfast at the picnic table
In Arizona the schools have a fall break in October. I never had a fall break when I was a kid, but October in Missouri required sweaters, jackets, and the occasional winter coat. Here you can finally play outside without getting heat stroke. So Blair's sister organized a little camping trip while her kids were out of school. His other sister came with her family and Blair and I tagged along. We went to Dead Horse Ranch State Park and had a fun time. The daytime weather was beautiful, the evenings and mornings were a bit nippy, and at night we shivered. But I was thrilled to feel the cool air! Ella had a fun time riding around in her stroller and hiking backpack. She fared really well considering her age and the fact that we wouldn't let her scoot around in the dirt. I enjoyed hanging out around the campfire and hiking along the pretty creek. It's a great place to go for a low key vacation!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That CAN NOT be Ella! I refuse to believe it...:)

tracyp said...

Wow! Out of nowhere Ella grew up! She is so cute and looks so much older...