Thursday, June 25, 2009

One Less

As of today I have one less hurdle between me and my Master's degree! I sat for my oral coursework exam this afternoon. It was just me and three of my professors locked in a room for 2 hours with me in the hot seat. I had to answer questions, draw diagrams, apply knowledge to new situations, and prove I've mastered the material I've been learning. And I passed! Now all that's left is my thesis project. I'll be finishing that long distance because we're moving to AZ on Tuesday.

To celebrate passing the exam Blair and I took Ella to the pool/water park in our neighborhood this afternoon. It was great weather and Ella had a fun time experiencing the water and watching the other kids. Then we splurged on some Haagen Dazs and I spent the evening NOT studying. It was refreshing.

No pictures of Ella swimming yet but here are some pictures that our friend, Emily, took for us a few weeks ago. We had beautiful weather until just before we met for pictures. The wind picked up--no, it REALLY picked up--and a dust storm blew in and made the air hazy. And Ella didn't want to cooperate very much. But Emily still managed to capture some nice pictures of us! Here are my favorites.




3 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on passing your oral exam! It must feel so good to get that out of the way.
Love the pictures. Your friend Emily did a great job.
Good luck with the move to AZ. How exciting. Did Blair get a job down there?

russia boy said...

Yeah about your exams! I knew you could do it! I love the pics and good luck on the move!

Sarah said...

YAY!!!! Congrats on passing that crazy hard exam! Now you can focus on other things... like moving!

Your family is very photogenic, I really like the one of you and Blair... so romantic!