Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Toy

Nope, Ella didn't get a new toy. I did! It's a Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens for my camera. Beautiful depth of field, lovely bokeh. For those who don't speak photography, it's a great portrait lens that will give me more control over making parts of the picture fuzzy. Unfotunately, it came during a very busy week so I haven't had much time to play. But I did break it in with a few snapshots of my favorite subjects.
Chewing on some braided trim from my sewing area
My handsome husband in our office/sewing room
Ella hanging out on our bed. Notice that her eyes are in focus but her ear isn't. I shot this one at f/1.8-- That's some pretty shallow depth of field.
Playing in the family room. f/4.5

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know anything about photography, but I'm excited you have a new toy and I love any pics of your cute fam!

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Ella is SO adorable. I hope I get to meet her when you come to LA next month!

Laura said...

Wow, what a great lens. You really do take great pictures! I love Ella's little segmented arms. She is so cute.

russia boy said...

The pictures are spectacular! You will have to have fun with my favorite subjects at Disneyland!

tracyp said...

Not only your CUTE baby but your husband will even take pictures. Mike just mentioned that we only have one picture by himself. I have to remind him that he shy away and hides his face from the camera.. Ohhh I'm jealous.
By the way if you are interested I have a friend that has an online photog blog and he's always doing reviews of new latest and greatest as well as lil' how to videos. It's the Michael Andrew Photography blog on my link list. I thought you might enjoy it. He has a forum for serious enthusiasts also.
But I love the cute pics of Ella!

Emily said...

Oo la la! I'm jealous!

Mickelle said...

Me jealous, too. Holding out for the 1.4, which I'm not sure I should do... I'll have to ask you about the 1.8 soon.